A W Kerr MacGregor, known to everyone as Kerr, died suddenly 22nd March 2011.
For more than 30 years, Moorfoot Community Council has always had to rely on dedicated residents like Kerr to be able to continue. Kerr was a proud Scot, loved Scotland & thoroughly enjoyed living & raising his 4 children in Temple. Along with his day-to-day career, family time, his solar inventions, his music & widespread travelling, Kerr also found the time to bring a lot of his negotiating skills to the Community Council which he faithfully served from the early 1980’s until the end of 2009.
With his drive the Community Council achieved some excellent results, which include:-
- The re-opening of the Temple/Carrington road which was closed for some time & planned to remain closed.
- Kerr negotiated Funds from E-on towards Moorfoot Community Projects
- More considerate conditions incorporated into Controversial Planning Applications such as Quarrying; Landfills & Shooting Ranges.
- Midlothian Councils’ proposal to close both Borthwick & Temple Primary Schools – Although the closures did go ahead, M.C eventually agreed to a New Build of 1 rural school.
- Rights of Way:- The Community fought to retain Rights of Way where new owners where trying to close them to walkers. In every case, the Rights of Way were retained or slightly diverted with Community consent.
- The last goal Kerr set himself for his Community was the Twinning of Temple with Ivry-le-Temple in France. This is scheduled to be finalised this year.
Kerr will be sadly missed by all who knew him.