As part of the Moorfoot Neighboorhood Plan, Moorfoot Community Council have now signed a contract and paid a nominal sum for the purchase of the BT kiosks in North Middleton and Carrington which can each then be used to house a defibrillator inside a heated cabinet.
As the BT kiosk in Temple has not yet been decommissioned and cannot be purchased, Temple Village Halls Association is planning to install a defibrillator on an exterior wall of the Village Hall.
BT have yet to complete the handover, so the timescale for moving the project forward in N Middleton and Carrington is for the moment dependent on BT.
Temple Village, however, can press ahead and Moorfoot Community Council will offer support as required.
- Organise fund raising
- Organise the refurbishment of the 2 BT kiosks
- Evaluate and purchase the equipment
- Organise installation by a qualified electrician
- Organise training of local volunteers in CPR and the use of a defibrillator
- Set up a system to monitor and test equipment
- Be responsible for maintenance
Volunteers will be needed for
— Fund raising
— Training in CPR and the use of defibrillators
— Monitoring of equipment as well as local communication of access details