Road problems – council contact information

To report road defects in the Moorfoot area to the Midlothian Council, you can fill in a form on this page

See the links to forms as you scroll down the page, or use the buttons top right of the page to report a pothole or street lighting issue.

If your request is urgent, call Road Services during office hours (Monday – Thursday 09:00 – 17:00, Friday 09.00 – 15.30):

  • 0131 270 7500

Out of office hours, call Emergency Road Repairs:

  • 0131 663 7211

Water and drainage

If you have a problem with mains water or sewers in the public road, please contact Scottish Water Customer Care: